Thursday, August 5, 2010

The things I have learned!

Well today I turned 36 years old! 36! I really never thought I would live to be this old. In middle school my science teacher (Mr. Kallam anyone remember him) told me I would die in a plane crash or with cancer by the time I was 25. But I have survived. (But I have never been on a plane either). Anyway I though I would share with you guys some things I have learned in my 36 years. Well actually when your my age it's called wisdom. Wow I'm wise! I know some of you are laughing at that! Ok ALL of you are laughing at that! But anyway, here are some things I have learned.
I have learned that acne never goes away. I got up with a BIG birthday zit this morning! Who knew? I have learned that Don can make me laugh till a beverage comes out of my nose. I have learned that life doesn't always turn out the way you think it will. I have learned that my parents (most of the time)REALLY did know best. I have learned that childhood dreams don't always come true. (I'm still waiting for the call to go to Egypt on an archeological dig.) I have learned that my kids are the heart of our home. I have learned that best friends are not always forever. I have learned to like my sister! Just kidding! I love my sister very much she IS one of my BFF's. I have learned to turn lights off when I leave a room, and not to swing on the refrigerator door! But I'm still undecided as to if the light really goes off when you close the door.
I have learned that my children did not have to be biologically mine to belong to me. I have learned my daughter has my dancing ability. And that makes us laugh. I have learned my son is a nut and he makes me laugh! I have learned Don makes everybody laugh! I have learned some people no matter what are just going to be mean. Some people are just not going to like me no matter how great I am.
I have learned black dogs tear up your garden for absolutely no reason. I have learned my children love that black dog unconditionally and any mention of the dog pound will bring instant tears.
I have learned that God forgives. That no matter what I do He loves me. And that must be hard to do. I have learned that unfortunately sometimes parents outlive their children, and thats not fair. I have learned that some people I grew up with didn't have the things I had! I learned that sometimes children in the USA go to bed hungry. And thats not fair. I have learned that life isn't fair.
I have learned that good friends are hard to come by. I have learned that bad friends are a dime a dozen. I have learned that no one wants to be in trouble alone. I always wanted company when I did something wrong. I have learned that chickens and beagles ought not be in a cage together. I have learned that a snake bite DOES hurt! I have learned a three legged mouse can still run. I have learned that happiness is a choice and I choose to be happy. I have learned that weeds can take over your garden overnight. I have also learned that you can't teach a black dog to pull weeds, they only bust your watermelons.
I found a book from 7th grade with a list of questions. One of the questions was where do you hope to be at 50. My answer was "DEAD". ( the things we think at 12 years old) I have learned I don't want to be dead at 50. I have learned that I should have ask my grandpa more questions.
The hardest thing I have learned is that it's not about me. No matter how much I want it to be. I have learned that people die. I have learned that sometimes people destroy themselves no matter what you do. I have learned that tomato juice is good with crackers. I have learned spoiled tomato juice is not good with anything. I have learned that I suffer from road rage. I have learned I'm a better driver than those around me! hehe I have learned that some people will drive slow in the fast lane no matter how much you shake your fist at them. I have learned not to shake my fist at people bigger than me. I have learned it kinda hurts to be dragged across the counter at Hardee's by an angry woman.
I have learned to adjust. Adjust to the bad times and the good. To be happy with what I have and who I am. I have learned to accept others for who they are and not try and change them. I have learned I am not in control God is, and thats for the best. (Would you people want me in control of your lives? Scary thought ain't it).
I have learned I love my life and I don't think 36 is gonna be so bad.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Chick! You're a good writer. Keep taking the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, I see that you are a wise woman! : )

    ReplyDelete