Monday, January 31, 2011

Love ya!

What is love? It is such an easy word to say. Attach “ya” behind it and you have no commitment. Love ya! Just casual. But now, saying “I love you” is a little harder. Or putting a persons name behind it is even harder such as “I love you, Don” (Sometimes that ones REALLY hard) Just kidding, Don. But still it’s easy to say. We throw the phrase around all the time even to people we do love. As the kids are leaving for school I say “I love you, BB” or “I love you, Michael” As we leave family events “Love y’all, see ya next year!” Thank goodness once a year is enough! Again only kidding. I have a wonderful family! Or to old friends you haven’t seen since high school. “OH MY WORD! I have not seen you in three hundred and fifty-five years! How are you? Well I gotta run, Love ya! I got your number now. I can call you and we’ll have lunch!” Yeah right. You know you’re never gonna call. It’s just another number to store in your endless sea of cell phone contacts!
Love is so easy to say, but so hard to show. But tonight I saw love. I felt love. Not the casual kind of love. Not the “Love ya” kind of love. But honest to goodness true love. My pastor has been in the hospital this week and he is VERY sick. He could possibly be in the hospital several weeks. Pancreatitis. Very painful they say. (Ever wonder who “they” are?) Sorry random thought. I get those alot! There is also a little boy at my church who fell at school and was hurt pretty bad. (He’s going to be OK) Tonight some people at church put together a prayer meeting for them. I saw people there that I haven’t seen in a while. I saw people who I know were totally worn out from work. People who were sick. People who had to get up early for work. But still they came, because they wanted to show their love. They stood in line for a long time to write in the journals so Scott (the pastor) and Cole (the boy) could read these and know how much they are loved. People talked with each other, prayed together, hugged each other, some just stood or sat together. But they came to SHOW their love for these two. I saw and I felt the love in that room! And I felt very honored to be a part of that. I hear Don say that God never wastes a hurt, and I know he doesn’t. I don’t know what Gods plan is. I can’t see the big picture. But I know he has a plan and I know he’s in control. And I guess thats all I need to know!

Love ya:)

No comments:

Post a Comment